I bought these glasses today and I love them so much I drew them
I NEVER KNEW HOW BADLY I NEEDED HAIKYUU!! RULE 63 UNTIL I DREW ONE.
and I should be working, working on important stuff
but there was no escape, my hand was drawing uncontrollably
also a little bonus with managers which I was too tired to finish:
Hi, guys!! I worked on this short piece back in March as my entry for the 2014 Silent Manga Audition. Judging has just ended, so all the entries are now public!
[click to read]
It ended up on the finalist list as a Winner’s Runner-Up, which I’m… utterly speechless about!!!!! I really can’t express my honor?!?! I’m still in a dream-like state of disbelief, to be honest… I hope I can give my thanks to the committee soon!! (They haven’t contacted us yet lmao)
I also have a lot of commentary about this piece, but I don’t want to spill them all on this post, so here’s a link to that as well hahahaha
Hope I have the time and diligence to produce more comics in the near future!! Thanks for reading!
The temptation to color that sketch was too much.
Available as a print here!
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
- Perspectives Tutorial by DerSketchie
- TUTO - male reference pose by the-evil-legacy
- tuto - women ref poses by the-evil-legacy
- Foreshortening Practice by Bambs79
- How to Draw Manga vol. IV - Dressing You Characters in Casual Wear
- HUMAN PROPORTION: SIMPLIFYING THE FIGURE USING GEOMETRIC FORM AND GESTURE by The Helpful Art Teacher
- Basic comic interpretation - different camera angle by diaemyung
- Foreshortening tips by scruffyronin